We are always happy to talk to social workers about joining our group as independent contractors. We look for caring, dedicated practitioners who have experience with or are eager to learn about mental health practice methods for older adults and persons with disabilities.
Our approach is strengths-based and person-centered. Although we usually provide individual counseling, our services can also include family, couples and group therapy, as well as case management as needed.
- Providing therapeutic counseling services to clients in their own home.
- Providing the appropriate and timely documentation (initial evaluations, treatment plans, progress notes and discharge summaries) in the electronic health records.
Our Independent Contractors must have:
- · a master’s degree in social work (MSW).
- · Michigan state licensure (LMSW).
- · professional insurance (before seeing clients).
- · professional references.
- · a concern for social justice and a passion for making a difference in the lives of your clients.
- · knowledge of the needs and resources for elder and/or medically fragile individuals, or a willingness to learn.
- · a willingness to travel to meet clients in their residence.
- · the time and ability to conduct a minimum of eight psychotherapy sessions per week.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible hours - you set your own work schedule!
- Supportive work team
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to visitingcounselors(a)outlook.com or mail to Visiting Counselors LLC, PO Box 971961, Ypsilanti, MI.